Children's Ministry exists to serve the Lord by supporting and partnering with parents to grow young men and women in Christ and to prepare them to follow and serve Him all the days of their lives.
- We are dedicated to supplementing the family in their attempt to lay a spiritual foundation that, in God's timing, will lead a child into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ and then to provide for them a place where they can grow in their knowledge and love for God.
- Volunteers strive to understand the child's perspective and make their teaching relevant to children. We have "fun," but it is fun with a purpose!
- We believe that children are important. They matter to God. God loves every child and therefore we accept and love them, just the way they are. Children who need special attention are lovingly welcomed.
- We strive to be relational, not just informational. While we creatively teach important spiritual truth to our children, we understand that building a relationship with the children is the most effective tool.
- We strive to make the message of Christianity relevant to the life of a child. Children should never have to ask, "So what?" More than just telling Bible stories, we believe that every story in the Bible is there to help kids understand who God is and the purpose He has for their lives.
WE ARE MORE THAN PROGRAMS
We are committed to helping parents teach their children:
To learn and to follow the greatest commandment.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul/strength and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.
To defend their faith at their age-appropriate level with accuracy, clarity, and love.
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
1 Peter 3:15-16
To behave differently than the world.
Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.
1 Peter 2:12
To grow adults who love, serve, and stay close to the Lord.
Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the LORD, who makes you holy.