Would you like to:
- Be challenged to grow deeper in the Christian life?
- Meet regularly with others in a vital learning community?
- Have your thinking sharpened as you learn what it means to love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength?
The Equipping Center provides opportunities for exploring, grounding, growing, and skills-training to equip Christians to carry out their individual ministries and make an impact on their world for Christ. Our curriculum offers foundational courses, advanced topics, and practical how to skills-training.Teachers specialize in their subject matter, including gifted teachers from our congregation, as well as guest scholars from local Christian colleges and universities. These men and women are committed to teaching God's truth with excellence.
Should You Attend the Equipping Center?
- Are you well-versed in the Bible?
- Do you know how to study the Bible and mine its truths for yourself?
- Do you understand and can you explain the major doctrines of biblical faith?
- Have you developed a thoroughly Christian worldview enabling you to discern and respond to the messages of culture that are contrary to God's truth?
- Do you know the difference between religious preferences and godly convictions, and do you live by those godly convictions?
- Are you familiar with and engaged in the spiritual disciplines?
- Can you identify, define, and deploy spiritual gifts?
- Can you effectively share your faith in Christ with others?
- Have you honed the skills needed for a particular ministry?
If you answered "NO" to any of these questions, the Equipping Center has much to offer you in your knowledge of Christ and His Word, and in your skills to better serve Him each day.
When and Where?
April and May
9:00 - Teachers: Bruce Rhodes & Daniel Lane
Topic: 1 Peter
Bruce Rhodes will teach April 14, 28 & May 5. Daniel Lane will teach May 12, 19, & 26
10:45 - Teachers: Adam & Bethel Gascho
Topic: Parenting with Intentionality
Parenting is undoubtedly one of the most important and challenging disciple-making responsibilities. Beginning on Sunday, April 14th, the Gaschos will be co-hosting a 6 week long parenting class—really more of a talk show—during the 2nd Equipping Center hour. Each week, we will be interviewing different parents, learning from each other’s experiences, strategies, ideas and mistakes. We will draw out some key parenting principles that will help each of us grow in our effectiveness as parents as we each seek to play our crucial part in helping our children grow toward maturity as Christ Followers. So whether you are currently right in the mix of the parenting action, or if you are thinking toward parenting in the future, or maybe you’re investing in nephews, nieces, grandkids or young people in some capacity or another, come join us for some encouragement, inspiration and disciple-making nuggets.
All classes will meet in room 311