Would you like to:
- Be challenged to grow deeper in the Christian life?
- Meet regularly with others in a vital learning community?
- Have your thinking sharpened as you learn what it means to love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength?
The Equipping Center provides opportunities for exploring, grounding, growing, and skills-training to equip Christians to carry out their individual ministries and make an impact on their world for Christ. Our curriculum offers foundational courses, advanced topics, and practical how to skills-training. Teachers specialize in their subject matter, including gifted teachers from our congregation, as well as guest scholars from local Christian colleges and universities. These men and women are committed to teaching God's truth with excellence.
Should You Attend the Equipping Center?
- Are you well-versed in the Bible?
- Do you know how to study the Bible and mine its truths for yourself?
- Do you understand and can you explain the major doctrines of biblical faith?
- Have you developed a thoroughly Christian worldview enabling you to discern and respond to the messages of culture that are contrary to God's truth?
- Do you know the difference between religious preferences and godly convictions, and do you live by those godly convictions?
- Are you familiar with and engaged in the spiritual disciplines?
- Can you identify, define, and deploy spiritual gifts?
- Can you effectively share your faith in Christ with others?
- Have you honed the skills needed for a particular ministry?
If you answered "NO" to any of these questions, the Equipping Center has much to offer you in your knowledge of Christ and His Word, and in your skills to better serve Him each day.
When and Where?
Join us for our Adult SS class every Sunday this summer, June 2 through August 25. The class will meet at 10:45am in Room 311.
June 2, 9 and 16
“Evangelical Faith & Roman Catholicism: Where we Differ, Where we Don’t, and What Matters”
Dan Lane will lead these sessions, with input from VCB members who have Roman Catholic backgrounds.
All classes will meet in room 311