There are several safe and secure methods to conveniently give tithes and offerings at Village Church of Barrington:Electronic Giving
- Online E-Giving allows for a specific dollar amount to be deducted automatically from a checking or savings account. E-Giving can be set up as a one-time donation or recurring gift. Because E-Giving can be safely and securely set up to be drawn at a date in the future, it helps individuals and families remain faithful in giving even when out of town or unable to attend a weekend service. Click here for E-giving
- We receive an offering at every service. If you prefer to give cash or checks, giving envelopes are available. A tax deductible receipt will be sent to you recognizing your gift, provided your name is on the envelope or check.Text to Give
- You can text your giving by sending the amount of your gift (i.e. $100) to 847-232-6219
. The first time you use this service,send the word GIVE and you will be sent a link to set up your giving. After that you will only need to enter the amount each time you give. For step by step instructions, click here
- Donations can be mailed to 1600 E. Main Street, Barrington, IL 60010. Be sure to include your name and address on the check or envelope so that donation credit can be provided for tax purposes.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Where do the donations to Village Church of Barrington go?
General Fund - Donations to this fund support the day-to-day ministries, missions and services of Village Church of Barrington.
Deacons' Fund - Gifts to this fund support the short-term humanitarian and financial needs of the church family.
Everett Rogers Memorial Fund - In an ongoing effort to impact our world for Christ, this fund is used for short-term missions, training, conferences and projects.
Special Funds - Periodically, opportunities to designate a donation to a specific ministry initiative become available. The Disaster Relief Fund is an example.
2. Will I receive a contribution statement?
Yes, three times per year you will receive a statement of contribution for all your donations for which you provided your name and address (cash contributions may be placed in an envelope with your name and address). Year-end statements of contributions are mailed in January. All donations made to Village Church of Barrington are held in the strictest confidence.
3. Can I make non-cash donations?
Yes. For stocks: You will receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of your securities at the time of donation, and you will pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value. Fill out the attached form,
contact your broker to authorize the transfer, and mail a copy of this form to the Financial Secretary, Village Church of Barrington, 1600 E. Main Street, Barrington, IL 60010. If you have any questions, call 847.381.5221 or use the form below to request help.